D. Onesimus Banwon is an experienced lawyer with over nine (9) years of public and private service. Mr. Banwon is a former Legal Counsel of the Liberian National Police (LNP), and has held several positions in the Liberian Government. As a Legal Counsel, Mr. Banwon participated in the investigation and charging of major criminal offenses, as well as advising the LNP Organization on legal matters.
Mr. Banwon served in the following positions:
- County Attorney – Grand Bassa County, Republic of Liberia
- Assigned County Attorney – 8th Judicial Circuit Court, Nimba County, Republic of Liberia
- Professor of Criminal Justice – Grand Bassa Community College, Republic of Liberia
- County Attorney – 4th Judicial Circuit Court, River Cess County, Republic of Liberia
- Manager for Justice & Peace, Catholic Relief Services (CRS/Liberia)
- National Information Officer, Catholic Justice & Peace Commission (JPC)